1. ARRIVAL time is 3:00 pm | DEPARTURE time is 10:00 am. Do not enter your rental early without permission. Because we need ample time to prepare the home for the next rental, late check-outs are not permitted and will be charged at a rate of $100 for each hour past 10am. Additional penalties may include, without limitation, additional daily or nightly rental fees and/or loss of revenue incurred by Agent due to the Rental Property not being available for the next group of tenants. We do ask that if you plan to leave prior to your scheduled departure date, that you notify us by e-mail at email@example.com.
2. NO SMOKING unit: SMOKING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN, OR WITHIN 25 FEET OF, THE RENTAL HOME. Evidence of smoking in or near the Rental Home will result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of all amounts paid and will result in additional cleaning fees being charged to the Security Deposit Credit Card(s).
3. PETS: PETS ARE ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED IN THE RENTAL PROPERTY UNLESS OTHERWISE APPROVED BY AGENT IN ADVANCE AND IN WRITING. Any evidence of pets in the Rental Property may result in immediate eviction, forfeiture of all amounts paid, and additional cleaning fees being charged to the Security Deposit Credit Card(s).
4. USE RESTRICTIONS: Property is not to be used for parties in or around the rental property, or in any common areas or facilities, or for gatherings beyond the registered number of guests. Rental of this property is limited to use by family groups. Primary Tenant must be at least 25 years old. Agent may require proof of Primary Tenants’ age as demonstrated by a valid driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo identification. If Agent discovers that the Primary Tenant fails to meet this minimum age requirement, Agent may immediately evict all Tenants and the guests of any Tenant, and all payments made by any Primary Tenant will be immediately forfeited. The person(s) signing the contract must be present during the rental period.
5. EXCESSIVE NOISE: The Rental Property is located in a quiet jungle residential neighborhood. Quiet time is from 9:00 pm until 9:00 am, or as may otherwise be required by the rules of the homeowner association (if any). Tenants agree not to undertake any activities that interfere with their neighbors’ right to quiet enjoyment of their property. Tenants agree to fully comply with local noise regulations and to use common sense in keeping noise volume low after dark. Any enforcement actions by local law enforcement and/or homeowners association are at the Tenants’ sole risk and expense and may result in additional charges or immediate eviction without refund of any deposits or rents.
6. ARRIVAL CONDITION: The home is inspected for cleanliness before your arrival. Please report anything that is not in acceptable condition within one hour of your arrival. Anything not reported in that time frame will be deemed acceptable.
7. DAMAGE/SECURITY DEPOSIT: a) A $500 damage deposit will be required. Upon successful inspection of the property, the damage deposit will be given back within 10 days of departure.
8. The following CONDITIONS MUST BE MET to receive back the security deposit:
a. No items are missing and no damage is done to the home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear. -actual damages
b. House keys are returned. -$250
c. No fines for HOA violations. -actual damages
d. No late check-out. -$100 per hour after 10am
e. No unauthorized parties or party materials left behind -$250
f. No pet violation (actual additional cleaning cost / eviction)
g. No smoking violation. -actual damages with a $500 minimum charge
h. The group size exceeds the number of people listed on the contract and had not gotten prior written approval, the management has the right to charge an additional $250 per night per individual.
i. The pipes used in Costa Rican plumbing are too small to allow for any paper, or they will instantly clog. So every toilet in the country has a little trash can next to it to dispose of any toilet paper or other matter. If you choose to flush the toilet paper and/or any other foreign objects and clog the toilet as a result, you will be charged a $250 trip service fee.
j. No illegal activity. -actual damages with a $500 minimum charge
k. The renter is evicted by the owner, representative of the owner, or the local law enforcement. -$500 and no refund of rent paid.
9. PAYMENTS: Rates are subject to change until a reservation is confirmed. An auto summary of the total payment due for your stay is provided as part of the reservation request. The total may change based on the selection or deselection of insurances, deposits and/or optional fees, discounts or services. A confirmed total will be emailed to you once the reservation is accepted. If the balance is not received 30 days prior to the date of arrival, the reservation is subject to cancellation with no refund of the advance payment. Reservations made within 30 days prior to the arrival date must be PAID IN FULL. All payments must be made in U.S. Funds.
10. CANCELLATIONS: A sixty (60) day written notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date will incur a $150 processing fee only. Cancellations or changes resulting in a shortened stay, which are made between 60 to 30 days of the arrival date, will receive a 50% refund of the monies paid to date. NO REFUNDS will be given for
cancellations made within thirty (30) days of arrival. In an attempt to mitigate monetary losses to our renters due to unforeseen circumstances, it may be permitted to change a reserved rental period for another rental period (with the same rate) equal to or longer than the original booking with no penalty. Requests are individually based and no guarantees are made. Early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. Should there be a fire, flood, sale of the property or any other circumstance that would prevent the owner from renting the property, the owner reserves the right to cancel the reservation at any time. The renter’s sole remedy for said cancellation is a full refund of all rent payments, cleaning fees and any security deposit paid. If such an event occurs after check-in, renter’s sole remedy is a pro-rated refund.
11. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: Advertised maximum occupancy of the chosen home must be strictly adhered to. If maximum occupancy is exceeded, you may be asked to vacate the property and forfeit any rental payments.
12. ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLETTING: Renter will not assign this agreement or sublet any portion of the property.
13. MINIMUM STAY: Most properties require a THREE (3) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY. Longer minimum stays may be required during some rental periods. Two night stays are considered for some properties. One night stays are NOT permitted.
14. INCLUSIVE FEES: Rates include linen setup. The home will be furnished with an initial supply of paper towels, toilet paper, trash bags and dishwasher detergent. All additional sundry supplies are the responsibility of the renter. Other incidental sundries may be at the unit, but are not promised or guaranteed.
15. DAILY MAID SERVICE: Linens and bath towels are included in the unit and daily maid service is included in the rental rate, except for Sundays or Holidays and maid service is every other day in Casa Calma. Laundry rooms are available during the maid hours only.
16. MAINTENANCE AND DAMAGE: We strive to ensure that all facilities are in good repair and everything is in working order, however, there may be an occasion when an amenity is unavailable, is out of order, or breaks down during occupancy. We will do our best to make repairs or replacements, but if neither is reasonably possible due to time or availability of parts or service, we can not guarantee these items and will not make refunds based on malfunctions or circumstances beyond our control.
17. ENTRY, INSPECTION or EVICTION: Owner/Manager will have the right to enter the premises (a) in case of an emergency, (b) to make necessary or agreed repairs, alterations, improvements, supply necessary or agreed services, show the premises to prospective or actual buyers, tenants, workers or contractors, (c) when renter has abandoned or left the premises or (d) when eviction is necessary due to breach of contract. In the case of (b), entry may only be made during normal business hours and with prior notice to the renter. In the case of (d), ALL tenants and guests of tenants must vacate the rental property within 60 minutes of the agent’s arrival to notify of eviction. If tenant or guests are present when agent arrives, up to 60 minutes will be allotted to immediately remove all personal property and
exit the rental property. If tenant or guests are not present or personal property is not removed within 60 minutes, the agent will photograph, inventory and store said property. Charges in excess of the eviction fee may apply if items are required to be removed by the agent. The primary tenant must claim any stored personal property within 30 days. If not claimed, the personal property will be sold or donated.
18. HOLIDAY/PARTY DECORATIONS: Guests may decorate for special occasions at their own expense, but must remove and dispose of these decorations prior to departure. There will be a $250 fee for the disposal of such items left by guests.
19. LOCKED CLOSETS: Owners have locked closets for their personal possessions and extras for the rental. These closets are private and are not to be opened by tenants or guests under any circumstances.
20. PARKING: The Rental Property may be subject to parking rules, regulations or policies as adopted and/or enforced by local government agencies or the homeowners association (if any). Tenant is expected to be aware of, and fully comply with, such parking rules, regulations or policies. Tenant is advised not to park any trailers at or near the Rental Property without Agent’s prior written permission. Neither the Agent nor the Owner of the rental property shall assume any liability or responsibility for any damage or costs incurred by any tenant as the result of any vehicle or trailer being parked at or near the rental property or being towed. No more than 2 cars are permitted at our three bedroom houses and no more than 3 cars are permitted at our four bedroom houses.
21. RATE CHANGES: Until a reservation is accepted and advance deposit is received to reserve a rental period, rates are subject to change without notice.
22. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS: Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
23. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS: No refunds will be given for storms. Independent third party insurance would be required for storm coverage.
24. INDEMNIFICATION: Owners/Managers are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities unless such damage is the legal result of negligence or willful misconduct by the owner/manager. Owners/Managers are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the renter or their guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all renters/guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. Renter shall indemnify and hold harmless the property owner or representatives of the property owner from all damages, injuries, claims, costs and expenses related to acts, events or omissions occurring in, on or about the property, or arising out of or in any way related to renter’s use or occupancy of the property, renter’s breach of any term of this Lease, or any work, activity or thing done, permitted or suffered by renter in, on or about the property.
25. NO ILLEGAL ACTS: Renter will comply with all statutes, ordinances, and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities and all HOA rules and regulations regarding the use of the property. The rental property shall be treated with respect and consideration. Please be aware that some neighbors to this home are renters and some are permanent residents. We ask that the peace and privacy of any of the neighbors to this home be respected at all times. Any violations of the above stated policy could result in eviction from the premises without notice and without refund of any deposits or rents. Any evidence of illegal activity will result in a minimum $500 fine.
26. WAIVER: Failure of Owner/Manager to enforce any provision of this agreement will not be deemed a waiver.
27. LEGAL: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Costa Rica. In any action or proceeding involving a dispute between owner and renter arising from this agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorney fees and costs incurred.
28. CREDIT CARD: Any Tenant or intended Tenant who provides any credit card information to My Costa Rica Homes, is doing so as a guarantee of payment of all or any portion of the Rental Fees and each such Tenant accepts all terms of this Agreement and accepts complete liability for the payment of any Rental Fees (including, without limitation, any costs, fees, expenses, charges or penalties related to the rental, occupancy and/or use of the Rental Property as set forth in this Agreement), as well as any damage (not covered under the accidental damage policy) during any Tenant’s occupancy and use of the Rental Property. Each Tenant providing his or her credit card understands that these Rental Fees (excluding eCheck payments) will be charged to their credit card and hereby authorizes Agent to charge their credit card for payment of any such Rental Fees.
29. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: The foregoing constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and may be modified only in writing and signed by all parties. Each section, subsection or paragraph of this Agreement shall be deemed severable. If for any reason any portion of this Agreement is unenforceable, that portion shall not affect the applicability or validity of any other portion of this Agreement. This agreement and any modifications, including photocopies or facsimiles, may be signed in one or more counterparts, each of which will be deemed an original and all of which taken together will constitute one and the same instrument. If there is more than one renter, all renters are jointly and severally liable under this rental agreement. By placing a reservation, ALL terms and conditions of this agreement are deemed accepted and receipt of the information herein acknowledged.